Monday, December 14, 2009

Bucket List 30 Before Thirty


My time in Washington, DC flew by faster than I ever expected. I know it's a cliche, but it's true. So, I cogitated about why I lived in DC, worked 30+ hours a week for free, and participated in so many activities. Well, one thing lead to another and at the end of the day, I ended up with a list of things I want to do before my 30th birthday (8 years, 9 months). 

If you've never heard of John Goddard, look him up. He's practically a real life Indiana Jones & it all started with a list he made at age 15. Even if you don't make a 'bucket-list' before you reach a certain age, make one before you get to Washington, DC. It'll be the ultimate motivator.

(Not in any particular order)

1. Bungee jump
2. Go to ≥ 30 countries (21 as of 2009)
3. Graduate Adelphi University
4. Earn a master's degree in public health
5. Earn a PhD
6. Get Married ^_^
7. Establish/direct an orphanage
8. Own a waterfront home
9. Play guitar well enough to serenade someone
10. Own a hybrid sport car
11. Donate bone marrow
12. Live abroad for at least 12 consecutive months
13. Go to Alaska
14. Go to Antarctica
15. Scuba dive
16. Climb Mt. Kilimanjaro
17. Attend the Olympics &/or World Cup
18. Go to Las Vegas
19. Visit a rain-forest
19. Get my parents an extraordinary gift
20. Run a marathon
21. Learn another language fluently
22. Donate blood ≥ 8 times
23. Have an Individual Retirement Account
24. Establish an investment portfolio
25. Be the first Haitian/American to accomplish a great feat
26. Have a cool career (i.e. photographer, recruiter, diplomat)
27. Get published
28. ?!?
29. ?!?
30. ?!?

The last 3 are left up to time.

http://www.johngoddard.info/life_list.htm
http://www.squidoo.com/100things
 


Skydiving in Oahu


"The indispensable first step to getting what you want out of life is to decide what you want." Stein
 
Until Next Time,
Emmanuel H.

1 comment:

  1. Nice list man! Is that picture really of you skydiving?1 That's crazy. I want to do it as well but I don't know if I'd be able to get up the guts to do it. That's a pretty good list of things to do before you're 30. A lot of these things are on my list as well and I look forward to seeing you accomplish them. I wish you the best of luck.

    ReplyDelete